SHE File CD
- Year of publication:
You could be risking 1-2 years in prison for health and safety non-compliance!
Get 108 ready to use health and safety templates
to kick start your Health and Safety system!
Dear Health and Safety Reader,
If you start a new business or project, you need to develop a health and safety system as per the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA). This includes compiling an up-to-date health and safety file (or SHE File, as we in the business often refer to it).
But, it’s not a case of buying a file from your local stationer and throwing in whatever documentation you remember to keep copies of.
There are specific sections you must have, and you have to populate these with particular information.
If the Department of Labour (DoL) Inspectors had to show up at your door today, can you be 100% certain your SHE file is in order and up to date with all relevant documents?
To make it easier for you we have 108 electronic templates to start your Health and Safety System from scratch, which you can use again and again. And you can have peace of mind knowing that it's been fully updated with the new Construction Regulations.
What should be included in your SHE file?
Include the following in your SHE file:
- Risk Assessment
- Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Appointment Letters
- Legal Agreements
- Section 37(2) OHS Act 85 of 1993 and Regulations
- Letter of Appointment as Contractor
- Construction Regulation 5(3)(f) of the OHS Act 85 of 1993
- Letter of Good Standing
- Tax Clearance Certificate
- Notification of construction work
- Safety Plan
- Fall Protection Plan
- Inspection checklists
- PPE Issue Register
- Toolbox Talks
- Accident/Incident report (General Administrative Regulation 9(3) – Annexure 1
Your SHE File is waiting for you…
Your SHE File CD includes the following four sections to make it easy for you to use:
- Safety file contents document: Place this in the front of your file. It lists all the contents of what you must include in your SHE file.
- Safety file dividers: These are the dividers that separate each section in your file.
- Appointments folder: This includes 34 general and 33 construction electronic templates for appointments you’ll need to make (and keep a record of).
Including templates for these appointments:
- Agreement with Mandatories
- Appointment 16(2)
- Batch Plant Supervisor
- Construction Supervisor Appointment for regulation 6(1)
- Assistant Construction Supervisor Appointment for regulation 6(2)
- Construction Vehicle operator
- Excavation Work Supervisor
- Fall Protection Planner
- Fire Prevention Supervisor
- First Aid Attendant
- Risk Assessor
- Incident Investigator
- Ladder Inspector
- Health and Safety Officer
- Scaffold Inspector
- Stacking and storage supervisor
- Batch plant supervisor
- HSE representative
- Construction vehicle and mobile plant inspector
- Construction supervisor
- Contractor appointment form
- Contents folder: This folder has electronic samples of all the documents you’ll need to include behind each divider:
- Occupational health and safety policy
- Health and safety plan
- Toolbox talks template
- Notification of construction work
- Section 37.2 legal agreement
- Letter of appointment as contractor
- Fall protection plan
- Incident reporting sample
- Site establishment checklist for contractors
There are two items we can’t include on the CD, as they have to be requested specifically by your company:
- Your letter of good standing (from either COIDA or FEM). Go to www.labour.gov.za
- Your tax clearance certificate (which SARS will issue you). Go to www.sars.gov.za
Customise each document for your company
All documents have space for your company name and logo so you can customise themfor each project, and use them again and again.
I’ve negotiated a special deal just for you!
Normally, this kind of SHE file would cost you thousands to compile – and don’t forget all the time you’d need to create each template, appointment form, index and divider tabs.
I’ve twisted my publishers arm and she’s agreed to the minimal cost of only R959 (including Vat, postage and packaging)!
This is a small price compared to the fines you could face for not having your health and safety system in place.
Before she changes her mind, make sure you order your SHE file CD today.
The SHE file CD comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, so if you’re not 100% satisfied, send it back to us within the 30 days and we’ll give you a full refund.
P.S. Included in your SHE file CD is a risk assessment template and matrix to make conducting your mandatory risk assessments a walk in the park.